Slate is widely used in construction due to its many useful properties, and slate flooring is a popular choice in homes across the UK. Slate floors are hard-wearing and water resistant, but they still need a bit of work to keep them looking their best.
We have hundreds of hours of experience dealing with slate floors in various states of disrepair, and we find that one or two visits from us a year will prevent dirt and unsightly scratches from building up, depending on the amount of foot traffic.
Why choose Tile & Stone Medic?
- We have 19 years of experience in the industry
- We can treat any type of slate floor
- Fully insured to work in homes and public spaces
- We take care to carry out risk assessments and adhere to health and safety regulations
- Much of our business comes from our reputation and word of mouth. Check out our 5 star reviews on Google
For the first three months after installation, small fragments of your slate flooring may start to break away from the tiles. This is known as ‘spalling,’ and it’s a natural process that shouldn’t cause any problems as long as you sweep the floor regularly to prevent scratch damage.
Despite its relatively high level of durability, however, slate floor can become worn and dull over time. This is where we come in!
How we clean slate floors
- We usually brush, pre-wash, rinse, deep clean, polish and seal in multiple layers
- Each cleaning solution we use is perfectly matched to the colour and type of slate
- We can repair scratches during the cleaning process
- Choose your finish from a range of sealers, from high gloss to matt
- We use only the best quality sealer to ensure your floor has unmatched protection
- We’ll give you tips on how to make results last longer when we’ve finished
Once sealed, your slate flooring will be even less susceptible to damage or staining, which is particularly good news if you have pets or small children!
If you would like to book a free, no-obligation quote, or if you have any questions about our services, please get in touch with us today.
Examples of our work
FAQs: Slate Floor Cleaning
Whilst we may use specialist chemicals in the course of our work, we can assure you that by the time we leave all residues will be gone and your tile or stone flooring will be perfectly safe for everyone to use. We work to extremely high standards of health and safety, conducting proper risk assessments where appropriate and never putting you or anyone else in danger.
Will Tile & Stone Medic’s cleaning services cause noise, disruption, dirt or debris in my home/business?
We always work in the most considerate way possible. Work will be tailored to your needs and will fit around your schedule where possible. We avoid bringing loud or bulky machinery into your home and when a job is complete we thoroughly clean up after ourselves to leave your space looking as tidy as it did when we arrived.