Some of the flagstone flooring we’ve helped to repair and maintain has been around for hundreds of years, and whether yours is old or new, it’s well worth the extra care and attention it sometimes requires to keep it at its best.
We have plenty of experience working on flagstone flooring all over the UK, and we recommend that you have yours cleaned at least once or twice a year.
Why choose Tile & Stone Medic?
- We have 19 years experience in the industry
- We know how to treat any floor type
- Fully insured to work in homes and public spaces
- We take care to carry out risk assessments and adhere to health and safety regulations
- We survive on our reputation and word of mouth. Check out our 5 star reviews on Google
Because flagstone flooring is often very old, if you haven’t had yours seen to by a professional for a while it can start to develop problems. For example, the undulations in this type of flooring can be part of its charm, but can be hazardous when they become too pronounced.
Damp is another common issue, but none of these problems should be tackled without professional help!
How we clean
- We usually brush, pre wash, rinse, deep clean, polish and seal in multiple layers
- Each cleaning solution used is perfectly matched to the flagstone
- Can repair any minor instances of damage during the cleaning process
- You can choose a high gloss or matt finish
- Where possible we use top quality sealer to give your floor unmatched protection
- Will give you tips on how to make results last longer when we’ve finished
There are many specific techniques we might use on your flagstone flooring, and each job has its own challenges.
Get in touch with our team today to book a free, no-obligation quote.
Examples of our work
FAQs: Flagstone Cleaning
Yes, we stock a range of specialist sealers than offer a shiny ‘wet-look’ that looks great on flagstone floors.
Yes, we can provide the same high level stone cleaning service on outdoor stone floors including flagstone patios.
We apply a sealer to a floor in order to protect it. Different types of floor, both manmade and natural stone, are vulnerable to different sorts of damage. They can all be harmed by chemicals to a certain degree, even by the acid in food and drink spillages, as they will be very slightly porous. As well as this, they can be worn away by physical damage. Even foot traffic can have a big impact if dust or grit has built up on the floor, since it increases abrasions. A sealant will reduce the chance of a spill becoming a stain by reducing the floor’s ability to absorb liquids. It can also help protect the appearance of the floor by forming a protective barrier. A sealant won’t prevent all damage and it will still wear away over time, but it will help your floors last longer, helping protect your investment. Sealants will even help protect your floor from UV radiation which can lead to fading over the lifespan of a high value stone or tiled floor. We can consult with you to find the best sealant for your floor and the type of use it gets to make sure it receives the best form of protection.